DO YOU WANT TO BE A VOLUNTEER?
For nature lovers
who want to collaborate in their conservation
DO YOU WANT TO HELP CONSERVATION OF THE BLACK BUITER AND IN OUR PROJECTS?
The Fundación Vida Silvestre Mediterránea seeks VOLUNTEERS who want to participate in the Black Vulture Recovery Program and other Conservation Projects.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITIES
- Monitoring of nesting areas of the Black Vulture. It is an activity aimed at avoiding the involuntary discomfort that the traffic of people can cause in these areas, especially in the breeding period (January-June). Volunteers are dedicated to inform people who want to access these places, offer alternative routes and give them information material related to the conservation of the Black Vulture.
- Search for new nesting areas. In recent years, the nesting population of vultures has occupied more places in the interior of the Serra de Tramuntana, although there may be some nesting outside these limits. To locate these possible new sites in the Serra is necessary to observe the movements of the vultures.
- Outreach and education program. Each year the Foundation prepares talks and dissemination material for fairs, conferences, schools, etc. The volunteers collaborate in the preparation, realization and diffusion of these materials.
- Collaboration in the improvement of the Center of the Foundation. In order to keep the center in good condition, all kinds of help is needed: (eg education, outreach, cleaning, maintenance, organization of activities, translations, IT issues and various collaborations).
- Performances on farms in Custody of the Territory
- Ariant (Pollença). This farm is a natural treasure to be taken care of. To maintain it, ecologically sustainable productive activities are developed. Volunteering is aimed at various farm maintenance activities: for example, recovery of margins, maintenance of sources, collection of various species of fruit, etc.
- Other farms. The FVSM has Custody Agreements with various farms, which may need specific volunteer actions: recovery of ditches, arrangement of roads, harvest, etc.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED TO COLLABORATING, PLEASE CONTACT:
MEDITERRANEA WILDLIFE FOUNDATION
Finca Son Pons s/n
Ctra. Palma – Alcúdia Km38.2
Tel: 971 575 880 / 608 973 083